In the world of advanced technology and ever growing competition among the websites to stay the best and to stay on top when it comes to Google ranking it is very important to take care of several factors.
These are a backbone of every website when it comes to popularity and success of your business.
We all know that Google is the best and most popular search engine and first choice of people when they want to search for anything on the internet. Google has always had it’s lines for people to follow for their websites in order to stay on top of search list.
You cannot depend upon the old fashioned rules and tips to stay on top the new year 2017 brings a new list of criterias for you to follow and keep your website shining
You must know that there are more than 200 factors used by Google in determining your website ranking.
Keep reading to check which factors in 2017 influence your website ranking the most
One of two most important and continued factors is links, by links Google means that the name of your website or its content is referred to by other websites or webpages. You cannot play around with Google algorithms and even if you try to the consequences is serious penalty against you.
So it is important to try to develop some solid links and build your goodwill in the eyes of Google, because when you have many good links Google believes that you are a trustworthy website.
2. Content of Website:
The other one of the to important factors is the content of your website which has always been very important in Google ranking.
Google itself tells in detail about the content of your website as in how it should be in its Google Webmasters support page.
Here are some of the key points to keep in mind while developing your website content:
- Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content.
- Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
- Ensure that your <title> elements and alt attributes are descriptive, specific, and accurate.
- Design your site to have a clear conceptual page hierarchy.
- Follow our recommended best practices for images, video, and structured data.
- When using a content management system (for example, Wix or WordPress), make sure that it creates pages and links that search engines can crawl.
- Make your site’s important content visible by default. Google is able to crawl HTML content hidden inside navigational elements such as tabs or expanding sections, however we consider this content less accessible to users, and believe that you should make your most important information visible in the default page view.
So Google wants your content to be more informative, original and supported by links now.
3. Things to avoid in order to rise in ranking
Google also strictly warns users to abstain from the following things.
- Automatically generated content
- Participating in link schemes
- Creating pages with little or no original content
- Sneaky redirects
- Hidden text or links
- Doorway pages
- Scraped content
- Participating in affiliate programs without adding sufficient value
- Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
- Creating pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, trojans, or other badware
- Abusing rich snippets markup
- Sending automated queries to Google
4. Hacking and Spam:
In the new guidelines for 2017 Google emphasizes on good practices like monitoring your website against hacking and removing hacked content from web pages as early as possible.
Google also encourages you to prevent and remove user generated spam from your website.
5. Load time of Pages:
Google emphasizes on lesser load time for websites, it not only gives them a good Google ranking but also a huge increase in sales and place in the hearts of people.
Websites that take time in uploading are abandoned by users instantly and they also become infamous for being slow.
6. Mobile Version of Websites:
The websites which have mobile versions of their sites are raised in ranking by Google and those who don’t have mobile friendly versions are demoted in ranking because it is very hard to read and navigate over desktop versions of the fact that more people visit the websites on their phones
7. POP-up Ads:
From the beginning of this year Google has started to take action against websites with so many pop up ads, blocking visibility of actual website content, for mobile users. Such websites are being demoted in rankings by Google. Maybe this practice soon starts for desktop sites as well.
8. Location information:
Even if you are an international website but if you do have information about your location on your website linked with Google, it makes it easier for people to trust your business and so can Google trust you more.
Here are some other very basic and beautiful features outlined by Google which will help increase your ranking:
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee. Another useful test is to ask, “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?”
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.